About the Client – Fortune 500 Company
Based in Sunnyvale, California, the client is a hybrid cloud data services and data management company that has been ranked in the Fortune 500 since 2012. Established in 1992, the client has been providing enterprises with data management and cloud capabilities to drive app development and project speed across the edge, core, and cloud environments. The client’s reliable hybrid cloud data solutions for app and data management across both cloud and on-premise environments has positioned them as a trusted domain leader and industry innovator, with headlining editorials featured in numerous major publications.
Competitive Market Analysis Requirements by the Client
The client needed to develop a competitive analysis study for emerging players in the cloud storage domain, including cloud data storage, SaaS backup, cloud sync, cloud security, Kubernetes, Microservices, and Containers. As this required extensive, complex market research, the client only wanted to work with a reputable market research company with extensive prior exposure to the cloud data solutions domain.
Discovering Research Optimus (ROP) through an online inquiry and being impressed with ROP’s outsourcing framework, the client decided to partner with us due to the following:
- Ability to provide a full suite of market research and competitive intelligence research and analysis solutions to help the client better anticipate and respond to market risks and competition.
- Ability to provide secure file transfer solutions and NDAs to ensure the protection of the client’s sensitive data.
- Strategic use of sophisticated analytics software to improve the accuracy and consistency of the research and analysis process.
Challenges Faced by Our
Market Research Analysts
ROP faced a few unique challenges for this complex market research project in the cloud data services domain:
- Most of the companies within this particular product category were startups with very limited data available, making it challenging to compile the right information.
- The client had a very specific list of metrics that they wanted ROP to follow during research and analysis, which was time-consuming and pressed the deadline.
ROP’s Approach to This
Competitive Research Project
ROP developed a custom step-by-step approach for this cloud services market research project to ensure integrity and efficiency across both process and outcome:
- ROP initiated a client consultation to ensure our team understood the client’s request and facilitate a better understanding of the client’s objectives.
- A team of Three experienced analysts was assigned to work exclusively on this project and maintain an efficient level of communication with the client.
- The client delivered input with a list of metrics that would define how ROP identified the top 8 competitors in the cloud data service domain:
- Number of customers
- Financial Analysis
- Number of resellers and partners, including demographic information
- Market penetration reports
- Upcoming product launches
- New markets
- ROP’s team began by performing competitive intelligence research, including competitive benchmarking, competitor profiling, financial analysis, and competitive technical intelligence.
- ROP’s team then prepared company reports, analyzing data regarding the key players in the cloud data storage, SaaS backup, cloud sync, cloud security, Kubernetes, Microservices, and Containers domain.
- ROP then assembled an outlook analysis with accurate forecasts of the scope of the top industry players, including both existing competitors and prospective ones.
- ROP’s team developed a series of well-organized, high-quality reports with analysis-based market insights and delivered it to the client via an interactive and easily understandable BI dashboard.
Additional Value Add
from ROP’s Team
To provide further value, ROP set up a monitoring and reporting system that would continuously update the client about new competitor activities, including marketing campaigns, publications, product offerings, press releases, and financial reports.
Key Project Takeaways
for the Client
As a competitive market analysis specialist, ROP executed this competitive research project successfully, with the following key takeaways:
Based on ROP’s report, the client was able to monitor the emerging players in their market and better define their business strategies.
ROP was able to exceed the client’s expectations and success benchmarks and provide over 99.9% accuracy rate across all metrics.
ROP accepted another full-time contract from the client to perform customer analysis for an upcoming new service model.
PRICING & ENGAGEMENT
Flexible hourly pricing methodology for one-time research needs, and dedicated
ISO 9001:2008 standard quality assurance and defined quality polices to ensure data
Customer information and project confidentiality secured by Non-disclosure Agreements
Testimonials - What Clients Say
We achieved substantial cost and time savings on several difficult projects. The services provided by Research Optimus
was prompt attention to our requests and attention to details were excellent.
Even though most of our communication was done via email, it was extremely easy to work with Research Optimus.
Superbly quick turnaround time which was quicker than needed. They were there when I needed them!
After carefully reviewing the documents you provided, we are suitably impressed with the meticulous details and extracted data which is truly high-quality