About Our Financial Advisory Client
The client is an Investment and Advisory Firm with a reputation for providing reliable and strategic financial recommendations. Our initial opportunity to know the client came through our sales team as the client was looking for a suitable outsourcing partner to build a Merger and Acquisition (M&A) model.
Client Requirements - M&A Modeling
As stated by the client, the requirement was to develop a merger model for them regarding the merger and acquisition of two Southeast Asian public sector banks. In general, the requirement included the following four tasks:
- Projection of financial statements for both the banks
- Multiple scenario assumptions for the merger
- Valuation of the target bank
- Presentation with the deal analysis
Among many others, Research Optimus got the opportunity to work on this project because of its extensive prior exposure to the financial domain, highly skilled analysts, and strong SLA adherence.
Usual Project Challenges
ROP’s research and analysis team faced the most usual project challenge around the delivery timeline:
- A tight deadline of 7 days.
- Additional change requests as well as inputs to be accommodated within the same 7-day delivery time.
ROP’s Financial Modeling Solution
ROP factored in the short deadline and specific client requirements to develop a customized process flow for the project:
- ROP assigned one experienced senior analyst as the dedicated resource while a project manager was also closely monitoring the project.
- The analyst began with the collection of financials, and the projection of the three financial statements of the two banking organizations.
- After projecting the financial statements, the priority was to do a valuation of the target bank, which required three distinctive approaches: Dividend Discount Model (DDM), Trading Comparable, and Precedent Transactions. The analyst arrived at the valuation of the target after assigning weights to each of the three approaches. During this task, our team was in constant communication with the client for their inputs and insight.
- After the valuation of the target, a merger model was created according to different scenario assumptions, such as:
- Price per share of the target, and corresponding purchase consideration.
- Option on how the deal will be financed - Stock, Debt, and Cash.
- Synergies - interest income, cost of synergy, and synergies of expenses.
- Financing fee.
- Following this, we proceeded to the following:
- Information collection on sources and usage of funds.
- Goodwill calculation.
- Post-merger income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement.
- Accretion/Dilution Analysis.
- Sensitivity analysis of Accretion/Dilution sensitivities, inclusive of both offer price and financing option.
- After a discussion with the client, the merger model was finalized. A business presentation of both the target bank and the acquirer bank was provided to the client, along with ROP’s detailed analysis of the merger and acquisition scenarios.
Exceptional Steps Taken by Our Financial Analysts
ROP took extra measures to deliver the most accurate M&A model within the agreed SLA period:
- As the project was related to the Banking industry, the team at ROP sought expert opinion from the industry experts from other in-house teams.
Project Benefits Apart from Delivering Accurate M&A Model
Along with the good words from a satisfied client for an in-time delivery, transparent process, and data privacy assurance, ROP documented its positive organizational approach towards such time-critical high-value projects.
PRICING & ENGAGEMENT
Flexible hourly pricing methodology for one-time research needs, and dedicated
ISO 9001:2008 standard quality assurance and defined quality polices to ensure data
Customer information and project confidentiality secured by Non-disclosure Agreements
Testimonials - What Clients Say
We achieved substantial cost and time savings on several difficult projects. The services provided by Research Optimus
was prompt attention to our requests and attention to details were excellent.
Even though most of our communication was done via email, it was extremely easy to work with Research Optimus.
Superbly quick turnaround time which was quicker than needed. They were there when I needed them!
After carefully reviewing the documents you provided, we are suitably impressed with the meticulous details and extracted data which is truly high-quality