The Client – American Metal Cutting Specialist
Based in the US, the client is a metal cutting specialist with 15 years of industry experience. As a global technology leader in manufacturing high-precision machine tools for boring, grinding, milling, and turning workpieces of various materials, including ceramic, composite, and metallics, the client offers industry-leading performance with low environmental impact. Relying on a combination of robotics and skilled human design, the client’s expertise extends to laser cutting, production cutting, shearing, water jet cutting, plasma cutting, and saw cutting.
Requirements for Primary and Secondary Market Research
Given the niche nature of the client’s products, which offers excellent performance for hard metal cutting, such as Titanium, the client wanted to better understand their specific customer base so they could continue to evolve their service model. Cutting hard metal requires specialized machinery and technology knowledge, and there is a limited number of U.S. based customers who are familiar with the techniques. The client, therefore, wanted an experienced research and analytics company to perform customer and market analysis.
Approaching Research Optimus (ROP) based on our reputation, the client decided to outsource with ROP due to the following:
- Demonstrated expertise in customer analysis and market research, including providing accurate primary and secondary research that could support the client’s sales team in targeting sales campaigns.
- Ability to deliver the findings within the expected deadline of under six weeks.
- Expertise in providing a complete suite of customer analysis, including behavioral analysis, demographic profiles, need-gap analysis, and psychographic analysis.
Challenges Faced by ROP’s
Market Research Team
ROP dealt with some specific challenges while working on this customer analysis project for the niche metalworking industry:
- The complexity of the requirement and the brief deadline was difficult to work around, given the seasonal time frame of the request.
- There were frequent changes requested by the client, which was challenging to factor into the project considering the deadline.
- There was an initial issue of the client’s that arose with the proposal validation and approval process.
Market Research Process
Followed for This Project
ROP tailored a step-by-step process around the client’s unique needs, customizing our approach to research and analysis:
- ROP initiated a client consultation to better understand the nature of the requirement and ensure both parties were aligned in objectives.
- ROP assigned three highly experienced analysts to work exclusively on this project.
- The ROP team started by using a secondary research approach, sharing a compiled list of companies in the metal cutting industry who use specific hard metal milling, like Titanium, and delivered it within a 7-day timeline.
- ROP then used telephonic primary research methods to compile a list of all relevant metal cutting companies who utilize 3, 4, and 5 axis horizontal and vertical milling machines.
- This was followed by another approach that involved both primary and secondary research and took 3 to 4 weeks to complete.
- The completed customer analysis reports were prepared and delivered to the client on their deadline following a Quality Control assessment.
Value Add from Our
Team of Analysts
ROP added further value by creating clear visualizations of the data using advanced software tools to help the client’s sales team better understand the patterns within the customer data.
Project Benefits for the Client
ROP completed this primary and secondary research project for the niche metalworking industry on time, with the following key takeaways:
The client was pleased with ROP’s analysis and our ability to perform high quality, accurate research with extremely limited initial data.
The client’s sales team was able to prepare a new targeted sales and marketing strategy based on ROP’s objective analysis.
ROP received two new contracts from the client to provide media research to help augment the client’s social media presence.
PRICING & ENGAGEMENT
Flexible hourly pricing methodology for one-time research needs, and dedicated
ISO 9001:2008 standard quality assurance and defined quality polices to ensure data
Customer information and project confidentiality secured by Non-disclosure Agreements
Testimonials - What Clients Say
We achieved substantial cost and time savings on several difficult projects. The services provided by Research Optimus
was prompt attention to our requests and attention to details were excellent.
Even though most of our communication was done via email, it was extremely easy to work with Research Optimus.
Superbly quick turnaround time which was quicker than needed. They were there when I needed them!
After carefully reviewing the documents you provided, we are suitably impressed with the meticulous details and extracted data which is truly high-quality