The Client – A Private Investment Firm Located in New York City
The client is a private family investment firm located in New York City. They specialize in several forms of investing including public equities, fixed income, commodities trading, and macro trading.
Vast and Detailed Requirements in Need of an Experienced Research Partner
The client required a weekly newsletter that was related to news about global technology utilizing secondary market research, so they contacted Research Optimus (ROP). The requirements for this newsletter were quite detailed.
- Contain summaries of news stories related to technology or innovative advances in sectors that were outside of core technological ones.
- Newsletters must include summaries of relevant news stories and then link to those original stories.
- All of these news stories must be based on open source, public topics.
- Any stories that have a pay wall but might be worth the investment were to be sent to the client for approval or denial.
- Maintain an open discussion on the best sources so that newsletters stay within the scope that the client requires.
- Coverage on obvious technologies like PCs, phones, networking, and other mainstream items will not be included.
- Newsletters will focus on technology like new materials, components, processes, and innovative marketing software.
- Unless there is a clear technological angle, topics like earnings, M&A, and personnel changes within businesses would not be included.
Challenges Faced by
The specific rules that had to be followed made research rigid and difficult, but our experienced teams were able to overcome this by using innovative secondary market research tactics.
Step-by-Step Plan of Action for The Secondary Market Research and Newsletters
After reading through all of the requirements for this newsletter, ROP knew that we needed to streamline the process to ensure that these requirements were strictly adhered to.
- We developed this plan of action, which was sent to the client for approval. During this step, we also made absolutely sure we understood all of the requirements to these newsletters.
- Once we understood the requirements, we defined the yardsticks that we would use to perform the secondary research. Then we organized that information based on specific parameters that we would define.
- We were sure to follow the client’s instructions to the letter, only including news related to technology that impacted specific industries. We included things like new materials, components, processes, and vertical-market software.
- The information was structured into a newsletter format, which was sent to the client for approval.
- The client provided feedback and over time, we were able to streamline our secondary research and improve upon it.
The Client Benefited Greatly from
Our Market Research Services
This newsletter provided the client with the knowledge necessary to make smarter investments by giving them a way to track newer technologies that others might be missing or taking for granted. ROP benefited from an amazing new partnership with the client.
PRICING & ENGAGEMENT
Flexible hourly pricing methodology for one-time research needs, and dedicated
ISO 9001:2008 standard quality assurance and defined quality polices to ensure data
Customer information and project confidentiality secured by Non-disclosure Agreements
Testimonials - What Clients Say
We achieved substantial cost and time savings on several difficult projects. The services provided by Research Optimus
was prompt attention to our requests and attention to details were excellent.
Even though most of our communication was done via email, it was extremely easy to work with Research Optimus.
Superbly quick turnaround time which was quicker than needed. They were there when I needed them!
After carefully reviewing the documents you provided, we are suitably impressed with the meticulous details and extracted data which is truly high-quality