Social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Linked-In can provide a gold mine of information for advertisers who want to improve their advertising effectiveness and grow sales. Social media is the modern day water cooler where daily exchanges between consumers provide a host of information. The problem is that a lot of companies don’t have an innovative strategy to engage customers and capitalize on those relationships. What you measure can be managed (and improved), so here are five ways to increase social media marketing effectiveness for your business.
5 Ways to Increase Social Media Marketing Effectiveness
1) Give customers an arena for product feedback: Your social media channels should offer your customers a place to give feedback about your products and services. Once you have this information, you can then go back to the appropriate department where this issue belongs (operations, marketing, finance, or product development) and advocate change. Your customers might also have great ideas for future technological developments, so compile these thoughts and have the research and development team review them.
2) Encourage community engagement: Your company should have a Facebook Company page where dedicated staff members can engage with consumers. You will need a strategy where your team uses a variety of tactics and strategies to keep your community talking such as:
- Which of our products or services do you most appreciate?
- What story would you like to share about a product or service?
- What are you reading, watching or listening to?
- What would you like to see from our company in the future?
3) Designate community ambassadors: A brand ambassador is someone who’ll actively promote your product or services to friends, family and acquaintances. You can’t hire a brand ambassador; you have to earn their loyalty with great products and services. Just one ambassador can have over 500 friends and family that hear about your company. Keep in mind that each and every one of your employees can also be a brand ambassador, so reward them with great products and services and a fantastic company to work for.
4) Create channel integration: To increase your effectiveness make sure your media channels are integrated. For example, good content on your website should be linked from Facebook, Twitter and presented in a marketing campaign. You can capitalize on great content in several arenas and several formats (text, video, sound, pictures).
5) Set policies and train social staff: Engaging in social media feels like a harmless conversation but remember that whatever you say or do is there in cyber space forever. It is important to train your employees about your social media policy standards. You want all employees to deliver a consistent message and a consistent experience for the consumer.
Research Optimus can help you to increase your social media marketing effectiveness. We offer comprehensive research services that can help you to create a social media strategy that strengthens your brand.
Talk to our “analyst on hire” today to learn more about how we can help you use online research for your next marketing campaign.
– Research Optimus